View Single Post
Old 2010-05-01, 09:14 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Why aren't FLAC shows tagged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezer View Post
So what happens when someone seeds a show and the tags are loaded with misinformation, speculation, and garbage info?

Does someone on staff rectify the info OR is it just TTD policy to keep the bad information and let the show/set continue to be passed along as is.

I've seen recordings I made years ago turn up at this site with incredible amounts of bogus information, and I've always wondered about this.

Honestly -- Why are torrents allowed at TTD with misinformation in the tags?

This is a serious question; I really don't understand why a show isn't removed immediately when the seeder passes along bogus information in the description and / or tags?

Wouldn't it be easier to pull the show until the right information has been ascertained and the "mistakes" corrected?
yes it'd be pulled, IF the "correct information" could actually be ascertained...however, most of the time it can't...hell, even when it comes to those recordings of yers you mentioned, you've never actually corrected the misinformation with anything other than vague hints -- certainly never any definitive, concrete lineage

but if "Freezer's Recording A" was being seeded with incorrect info/lineage/etc [like most of yer recordings that surface here it seems], and in response you provided a definitive transfer with detailed transfer info, then yes the other version WOULD be pulled

per the topic -- i don't tag flac files either...they're not necessary to the quality or listening experience, and have never been of use to me...so why go thru the extra 10 mins of entering data when i could be transferring another show...thats just me personally, i don't care if someone else edits the flac tags once i distribute it