View Single Post
Old 2006-10-08, 10:41 AM
TTD Staff

Re: There's got to be a better way -- Inactive torrents

Actually, alot of times someone will *not* jump on to help seed an old show. When the torrent doesn't have a seeder for three weeks, it gets put on a list (I already mentioned that). Very often, there is a person or two waiting to download the show. We usually leave those shows on the tracker in the hopes that that person will get a seed. Right now thought, there are about 7 or 8 shows sitting on that list that have been waiting for a seed ever since they first showed up on that list. All of them have a % completed already, except one (that has two leechers, both at 0%). I honestly don't think they are ever going to get a seeder after all this time.

I don't know, maybe another way to do it is to move the show to Inactive (and not remove the torrent, but put a note at the top of the thread when they open it that says the show has not had a seeder in three weeks and they may never complete the show) and then if the show gets a seeder, it gets moved back to active?

I've been to sites than never put shows into Inactive and so if you go looking through the pages of torrents, you see a ton of shows with 0 seeds and 0 leechers and it looks like the tracker is dead. We like to have Active Shows in ABT/VBT that people are likely to be able to complete.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes