View Single Post
Old 2006-12-18, 04:13 PM
TTD Staff

Re: Firewall/port forwarding issues (comcast/rca cable modem)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveishell7
I noticed that once i'm seeding shows, that sometimes my upload speed comes to crawl fairly early, with lots of leachers still left...clicking "super seed" those times has seemed to fix the problem, hopefully that's a recommended action

Thanks again!
Super-seeding is usually something you would do if you are the *only* seed on a show. It gives out a piece to someone and then if that person is a good sharer (giving that piece out to others), then it will give more to that person. If the person is not a good sharer (low upload rate, not passing along the piece) then it won't give that person more pieces. I'm not sure why it would work better for you that way. I just looked at the settings available for bittorrent and don't see anything like the 'rules' in Azureus and utorrent that could slow you down. So, um.....

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes