Thread: Partition Magic
View Single Post
Old 2005-07-21, 05:07 PM
pete's montreux

Re: Partition Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted
Pete - Try inserting a disk and browsing to your burner. See if it'll make the CD.

I suggested it based on many people I know who sing it's praises. It's easier to suggest the program than it is to explain why partitioning can be more trouble than it's worth - because once I mention that, it causes A LOT of debate and I don't care to repeat the facts any more on the subject. Partitioning is not bad, but it is not necessary. I just make a folder instead. If you're worried about fragmentation of the swap file, defrag regularly. Other than that, there is no advantage to be gained by putting the OS on a seperate partition.
I thought of browsing for the CD drive, but it says "The Specified folder: 'E:\' is invalid, incomplete, or write protected. Please type a full path with a drive letter, for example:'C:\APPS'.

I don't use my main drive for anything, and it's got 70GB of free space. I'd much rather leave 15GB for the main drive, and create a new partition for some extra storage, since the 160GB is getting a little full. Plus, it looks prettier.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes