View Single Post
Old 2008-08-17, 07:28 PM

Re: Critical Vulnerability Discovered in uTorrent

I must have upped and gotten rid of 1.8 a million times in 24 hours. Capped ul/dls, trackers off line, reconfiguring my firewall and anti virus thinking it was me, redling 1.7.7 a hundred times, having THAT go offline. What a pisser of a weekend. I work my ass off delivering 5 gallon water bottles all week (I didnt name myself that because my real name is Arthur Curry)and I have to deal with this. How utterly relaxing. I dled Bittorrent mainline,used that for an hour and was reminded why I ditched it a year ago, so now its back to 1.8 again. It seems to be working ok now. A forum on the net suggested a couple of things. That(A):Its buggier than a shithouse rat. This would make sense because its a new version and theyre trying it out on us. Like Joseph Mengeles might have. Let us howl with displeasure and theyll collect data and eventually fix it. Or(B) Its a "torrent cop" of sorts. Forced capping of ul/dl speeds. File sharing is a big fat buggaboo in the pudding of the MPAA and the music industry at large. What better way to end this kind of shit than to "restrict movement?" I know I'm kinda conspiracy theorizing, but it aint paranoia if theyre really after you, is it. I sort of suggested this on Etree, but it wasnt real well received. Actually, what I suggested was to google" Utorrent1.8 sucks". And guess what! The discussion was well underway.I guess I can use another client, but I kinda like the little lug. ARe there better clients? Guess time will tell. Cheers.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes