Thread: ripping video?
View Single Post
Old 2009-12-04, 09:53 PM

ripping video?

i have a dazzle and use it to record my game footage to my pc. The problem is it records directly to DVD format (vob files). I can't seem to get it to record into a avi or different format, ill have to purchase software for that and i dont wanna spend money or download it.

I have lots of footage but very little hard drive space so what im planning on doing is ripping these DVDs into avi/mpg/wmv files. How do I rip them so the size is smaller but maintains the great quality.

I have seen people do this with movies, I downloaded rocky 4 dvd rip, its only 700mb file and the quality is amazing. I have the DVD and watched both of them and I couldn't tell the difference in quality. Even though I know the dvd rip is lossy.

What software do I use to achieve this, what settings do I have to set and which format do I have to rip it to get results (avi/mpg/wmv/divx??). The file size should be smaller but maintain the same quality. A 700mb file could maintain the same quality for a 120 minute movie, my files are only 25 minutes but are over 6gb. Once again I dont care if its lossy, as long as it has the great quality and file size is small.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes