View Single Post
Old 2007-05-09, 10:49 AM
Shareblue Platinum Member

Re: Help!! Spiderbots crawling on my Threads!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
I am not trying to insinuate that you are saying anything different saltman, but it is possible to lock out the spiders if TTD wants to. Maybe people just do not care, but I think they should.
I am merely an underling here.... I am sure the super duper administrator that we have will chime in soon.

I think if the goal is to keep out prying eyes that it is unachievable. Any website that is on the web can be snooped at anytime. You can't keep out spiders that don't obey the robots.txt and that is only one manner of snooping. If the goal is to keep out the casual public that may be achievable. Well you can you can provide login access to restrict spiders to areas that people without permissions can't see... but if someone wants to snoop it's easy that's the nature of the world wide web. You already commented on the way to have this not be a problem.... don't post anything in public that you don't want the public to read.

What areas of the site do you think are inappropriate to show up in a search query?