View Single Post
Old 2008-03-31, 12:50 PM

Re: Is there anyway to fix my status as firewalled without portforwarding?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskg View Post
no, you need to forward the port you are using (35587) to you machine's ip address ( Start > run > cmd > ipconfig /all ) in your router. Turn off your windows firewall on the connection you are using.

www.portforward.com will help tremendously.

however - none of that will keep your upload credit from counting. the thing is, one of the torrents you are on only has you and the seeder - no way you can upload because no one needs your data. The seeder can't connect to you since you are firewalled and probably doesn;t know what you need. The other torrent you are on has several seeds, but all three peers are firewalled, so the seeds don't know what you need and the peers can't connect to you for you to upload.

Your ratio is so exact, it's painfully obvious that you are on comcast, the shittiest internet provider out there for BT - they don't let you upload if you aren't actively downloading, so it throws yet another monkey wrench into the problem.

There are some tricks to get around the comcast throttling (they swear they don't do), but forwarding your ports should be the first thing you do since you can actually control that yourself.

I want to be sure that my ip address is NOT the same at all times, will this make it the same?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes