View Single Post
Old 2011-12-15, 06:02 PM

SHN -> FLAC conversion ; a little help

Alright so i am in the hospital with a broken leg. I got nothing to do really for the next 1~ 1/2 month. My folks brought in my desktop so i can sit while i play Skyrim.

I was honestly contemplating of making use of the time by converting my Phish SHN's to FLAC.

Why am i converting my SHN's to FLAC? Because i am anal about my Phish and i hate looking at the txt to see while song is next. plus i installed rockbox on my ipod so i can use the new flac files on it

Right now this is the method i am going to be using

SHN files -> Convert to WAV using Traders Little helper -> Create WAV MD5 of the files (according to disc or whole ; depending on how the number of md5 in the original shn) --> Convert to FLAC via Traders Little helper ( with a Flac Fingerprint ; and then Tag the files) and then do a Bitcompare on Foobar2k

So all in all i will have a WAV MD5 Checksum , a FFP file and also i will include the old SHN MD5's in a separate folder ( titled Old SHN Checksums) and also in the txt files i will include the changes.

For example : a while ago i converted this show From SHN -> WAV -> FLAC

This show right here --> http://db.etree.org/shn/14166

So apparently i fixed the SBE on the 3rd disc and included the following changes in the TXT as follows

Phish

10-24-95
Dane County Colseum
Madison, WI

Source: Neumann KM140 > Beyer MV100 > D7

Seed: DAT > Seagate Archive Python 01931 > dat2wav 1.2 >
Sound Forge 4.5 (to 44.1k @ highest accuracy; anti-alias filter) > CDWav
> shnXP (updated shn2k) by Paul Hofferkamp ([email protected])

--No DAE--

Show as received was 48kHz for the first set, d1t1 to d2t4 (verified with etree
listed md5s). Set 1 resample: SHN > MKW > 48kHz WAV > Cooledit 2000 (44.1kHz WAV
at 999 setting w pre/post filter) > shntool > MKW > SHN. New files labeled 'fixed'.
Bill Mitchell [email protected] > WAV ( fixed d3t01 to d3t06 ; new files labelled as "fixed" and added new md5 files for each disc) > FLAC lvl 8 (via TLH and added new ffp file along with tags)

Also included the original SHN MD5 Files..

SHN > WAV > FLAC with tags (ffp and WAV MD5's) by kathmustdie ([email protected]) on 12/16/2011

Is this acceptable?

Also how does one fix SBE's on TLH? My settings are on

Mode : Fix , Action : Shift Backward and there is "Pad Last File with Zero-bytes" is checked.

Let me know!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes