View Single Post
Old 2007-06-19, 10:08 AM
TTD Staff

Re: No Graphics/Text Scrolls added by author on show footage of DVD-videos

Hi Tubular,

I can understand your frustration with that, although I've yet to see a show with that added. However, I don't think it is a good idea to start trying to tell DVD authors what they may or may not do to the show they are authoring or they may just not want to share it. Suggestions are fine. Most authors like to hear about what you think of their authoring (at least, the ones I've known don't mind constructive criticism), but I think they probably added those lines for good reason (they've probably had their shows up on ebay).

As Joe mentioned, it is very easy to change the menus. The menus show up as separate ifo/bup/vob files in the VIDEO_TS structure. So, you don't like that part, you throw it out, add your own menus, and throw it up on ebay! With the lines showing in the middle of the show, they are embedded in the main vobs and it would not be so easy to remove them. So, there is a reason why they are adding it into the middle of the show and not just the menus.