View Single Post
Old 2007-05-25, 11:53 AM
Respected Member

Question did i get ripped off?

dont know if this is the right section to post this in and if not then maybe a mod could move it to the right section. Ok here's my story. I have tons of shows occupying space on my hardrive so today I went to the nearest mall and they only had a few blanks discs left. So i bought Memorex DVD-R 16x 4.7GB 100 Pack Spindle Printable Pack for $45 CDN. Thinking that its memorex and memorex are supposed to be like top brand thats why I bought it. Then when I went home and put a blank disc in and opened it up with dvdinfo it gave me the media id as CMCMAGAM3

according to digitalFAQ.com "these type of discs are pretty much only suited for preventing drink cup rings from forming on a table. Most of the time, these are ready-made coasters. If you can actually get a burner to acknowledge the disc, do not expect much. And if the burn actually succeeds, do not be surprised if a DVD-ROM or player chokes on the disc (read/play errors). Cheap prices, cheap junk quality."

I don't know what to do. I just burned a show and it burned perfectly with no errors, now Im going to watch it on my tv. But should i take caution? should i return the discs back or keep them? ive used memorex before but not this pack.

thanks
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes