View Single Post
Old 2005-08-12, 03:58 PM
TTD VIP

Re: Standards for Naming Torrent Folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
Your warnings on faulty lineage are well-taken, especially on the shows you taped yourself, but if you can find only one error on Peter Losin's list , why do you say it is "laced with faulty lineage"?

Caveat Emptor? How about Absente Reo?

Here's the link to Peter Losin's Miles Davis tape list:

http://www.plosin.com/milesAhead/Tapes.aspx?a=audio

If you can give me some definite information on the error you found, I'll email Peter and try to get his comments. Who knows, maybe he will even answer...

If I can spot one error I'm absolutely positive about, then I'm sure the list owner did much the same in 'determining' lineage on the rest. (Personally, I see it like this: If I spot one or two obvious mistakes, #1. I would be hesitant to accept the veracity of anything else on his list. I might trade, but I would not believe his "lineage" -- sorry if you or anyone doesn't understand that, but I have over 35 years of collecting experience behind me. This is a lesson that one learns through all facets of the collecting experience, not something gleaned by sitting behind a computer keyboard.)

No, he doesn't have the other Miles recording I'm positive about (a 1973 show in New Orleans) but what do I care if he has correct data on his list.

Did Mr Losin care that the taper was absent when he made his pronouncement?

"Absente Reo" - good one. I like it.

Looks like you finally figured out that in many cases, it's not the taper's fault that some self-appointed 'expert' makes a really pretty web site, now is it?

Who cares if the taper seen errors, right? Absente Reo indeed.

Caveat Emptor, baby.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes