View Single Post
Old 2006-11-08, 08:51 AM

Question on seeding etiquette...

I haven't been here at The Traders' Den for very long, but after about a week or so, I've started to wonder what the preferred etiquette is for seeding shows. My ratio is currently above 2, and I know it's not really enforced here, so that's not really an issue.

I'm currently seeding 3 shows here at the Traders' Den (I'm also seeding a few shows on DIME). Two of the shows here only have 2 other seeders, and one of those shows has been inactive for a couple days. I try to make sure that my ratio for each individual show is at least 2 before I stop seeding any particular show. However, after I reach this goal, I kind of feel bad taking a seed down if there's only 1 or 2 other seeds, even if there are no current leechers.

All my downloading activity is done on my computer at work (I have dial-up at home), and while the folks I work for have no problem with me downloading and seeding shows, I can't really take up Gigs and Gigs of space seeding lots and lots of shows for an overly lengthy period of time. At the same time, I feel bad taking down a seed when there are so few already sharing.

So what is the general etiquette for maintaining the availability of a seed, while at the same time not being "door mat" for lots of "hit and run" leechers?

Boy, that was a long post for one question!

Thanks!
Bryan
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes