View Single Post
Old 2006-10-31, 09:56 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Another Uploading Question (Way Too Low)

One the the best things you can do to get around the 'traffic shaping' is to not use the standard bittorrent ports of 6881-6889. Try using something between 50000-54000. Make sure that you enter that in Azureus (options > Connection) and that you forward the port throught your router/modem and any firewall you may use.

The other thing you can do is use encrytion - options > connection > transport encrytion . Check the box for Require encrytion and see how that goes (and play with the check boxes there if you still aren't getting better speeds - sorry, I don't use encryption, so I'm not sure which options are the best, so that's why I said play with them.)

I know that those are things you can do on Mac Azureus. (Do you have a link to the suggestions? I can probably find the options if I know what you are looking for. I'm on a mac and use Azureus.)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes