View Single Post
Old 2006-06-12, 11:36 PM

Re: Nero DVD Burning Hell...

I know you're dealing with a DVD file here and my example is audio, but data is data and the same principle should apply, except for the fact that I had an option to decode the audio file:
I once had those same cyclic redundancy errors when I was copying .flacs from a DVD data disc back onto my hdd, and nothing would work....I copied every other file out of the folder except that one that just wouldn't go.
So I tried decoding right from the DVD drive with FlacFrontend but still no go...however, foobar2000 for some reason was able to do it.
So my point is to try copying this VTS_01_2.VOB, the one that won't go, onto your hd with any program that can copy data off of removable media, including plain old Windows, just to get that file onto your hd.
After you get them all onto your hd and into a VIDEO_TS folder, you can just burn it as data to a DVD disc with Nero or anything else that can burn data onto a DVD. If you're not re-authoring it, I don't see why you wouldn't just burn it that way to begin with. It seems to be much easier on my machine and it never messed up any of the DVD's I've burned that way.
If you have two DVD burners, try direct copying from disc to disc...anything that might get that file copied off of there
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes