View Single Post
Old 2005-04-16, 03:44 PM

Re: Got problems burning DVD look here(for us Newbies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodin
Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try. I think that my problem with Nero was that I added too many files (the .BU ?? or whatever it's called). Should I only be adding the IFO and VOB files? Because what I did was selected the DVD video option, then I dragged the whole Video-ts folder over and began burning. But like I said it would not play in my standalone.

By the way Imageburn (for me at least) burned the disc in about half the time it took Nero.
It sounds like you burned a DATA disk. What I do is manually select everything in the VIDEO_TS directory, and drag it into Nero's VIDEO_TS directory. If memory serves me, when you're in DVD-Video mode, Nero will give you a popup when you try to add another VIDEO_TS directory.

You need to include everything in the VIDEO_TS subdirectory, including .BUP files. Sorry, I was being general and didn't mention all filetypes. The DVD specification doesn't allow for files other than DVD compliant files to be burned in the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS subdirectories, but ignores anything in the EXTRAS_TS.

Nero is probably set up to do a "verify after write", and that might be why it took twice as long. I prefer to manually verify the disk using MD5, because I've had data disks with bad reads, even after the Nero verify said it was OK.

If you generate an MD5 hash for the VIDEO_TS subdirectory, and place it in the EXTRAS_TS subdirectory, you'll always be able to check the validity of your files. Just make sure that you edit the MD5 so it reflects the proper path, "VIDEO_TS\" so it will know where to look for the files. If the path isn't set properly, you'll be forced to extract the files and the MD5 in order to test them on your hard disk.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes