View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 02:01 PM

Re: Speeds negligible with BT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmakat
I thought you had problems with Azureus before. Monk had a port forwarding problem about two weeks back and I sent him to a random port that was five digits instead of four and it worked for him. It was port #10825
Yes, maybe, but it's working as well as any right now. I didn't install it until now because I've been putting off installing Java on here. I did, and then installed Azureus. Changed port just now (>5min) and no change in speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritinaphoto
I've got a crazy idea that no one seems to have suggested yet. It looks like you're using the standard BT port numbers (6881-6889). Try changing your BT ports to something above 50000 and see what happens. I know your ISP claims they don't throttle traffic, but that doesn't mean they're being honest with you. Now this won't work if they're actually monitoring the packets instead of looking at which ports your traffic is on.
True about the ISP. Changed the port to 65534, and no change in speed.

I've read about static IPs and that sort of thing. I have made no changes regarding static/dynamic IP, so should I address this somehow?