View Single Post
Old 2010-03-13, 04:15 AM
lintoni

Re: No Cue File - Tool Recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiKano View Post
Update :
The Audacity session went great.

The TLH/fix SBE session did not. The function terminated after reporting the first file encountered thus :

"01. filename.wav : file is not CD-quality.
Failed to fix files due to errors, see above."

Oh well ...

Still, the core purpose of this topic is resolved and the files are split, properly labeled and play/sound just fine.

thnx!
I think that you've produced a file that is too small for the shntool component of Trader's Little Helper to work with. When using Audacity, did you tick the box labelled Include Audio Before First Label?

I've done just the same, and produced a file that is only 44bytes in length. (See the attached shntool txt, under expanded size). Also in the shntool txt, you'll see that under cdr, that there is an 's' under cdr.
Quote:
cdr
Shows properties related to CD-quality files. A 'c' in the first slot indicates that the WAVE data is not [C]D-quality. A 'b' in the second slot indicates that the CD-quality WAVE data is not cut on a sector [b]oundary. An 's' in the third slot indicates that the CD-quality WAVE data is too [s]hort to be burned.
The above comes from here, which will give you any info that you should need about the shntool component of Trader's Little Helper. Don't worry that it is for linux, it still applies.

I think that Audacity always does this (producing a 44byte long track) when a label (track split) is put at the beginning of the track and 'Include Audio Before First Label' box is ticked.

So, either follow AAR.oner's instructions and do not tick the 'Include Audio Before First Label' box or put your first label at the end of where you want your first track to end, then continue as per instructions and then tick the 'Include Audio Before First Label' box.

A side point:

Given the above, following AAR.oner's method of putting a label at the beginning of the track (and not ticking the box) implies that you're always going to lose the first 44bytes of data. This may or may not be important to you...
Attached Files
File Type: txt pop.shntool_len.txt
( 465 Bytes, 3 views)

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes