Thread: Video sound
View Single Post
Old 2011-03-04, 08:27 AM
C'est Bon

Re: Video sound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unidecker View Post
i prefer cccp over k lite but to each there own ...
CCCP is another great codec pack...either way you go, I would definitely go the route of exploring codecs before uninstalling sound card drivers. I have had these same issues, and I have very rarely uninstalled then reinstalled a driver to fix the issue (not to say that this isn't the fix in some situations).

On the topic of drivers, you could always check to see if there are newer versions available for your sound card. That was the case for a video display issue I had, and it turned out that there was a newer driver for my video card and low and behold that fixed the problem...but again, I never had to uninstall the driver, rather just use the update driver option in the device manager. It will let you know if you are using the most current version or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr-funkenstein View Post
The DNC sucks.
Quote:
DISCLAIMER: This post is provided 'as is' for informational purposes only. The OP (Original Poster) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyTaper View Post
There is that unmistakable delicious air of animus wafting throughout the forum this evening
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes