View Single Post
Old 2020-02-07, 08:53 PM

Re: The Validity of MD5 Checksums

Countdown to ttd launch blog Part 1, 2004-10-25. sol4590 is now "The RainDawg". Can you feel the electricity?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainDawg
SITE NEWS (updated 10/25/2004)

First of all, yes, www.sharingthegroove.org is officially dead. The owner has decided that he no longer cares to manage the site. There are many, many rumors out there, most of which are untrue. Regardless, a great thing has been lost from the community, and I apologize on behalf of myself and many other ex-mods that the final few months were such a disaster, with such final and unfortunate results. None of us, myself included, knew how it was going to end until it did.

After posting a short message in one of the bt.easytree.org torrents about my involvement in a high-quality BitTorrent trading site, I got well over 100 emails from people within a few hours asking for updates. Yes, it's true, I am currently working with several other displaced admins and mods from the now permanently defunct STG to bring you a new site dedicated to sharing music with a special tilt towards technical discussion and higher quality seeds. This is NOT STG2 or a rebirth in any way. It is an entirely new experiment in unofficial music trading ideology.

We currently have a good team of moderators and administrators in place, and are all confident that we can maintain a good website. Our goal is to have the site run entirely from donations and we'd like to abstain from advertising completely. We've had several offers of financial assistance from various people, and we appreciate these. We're not at a point where we can accept these offers right now but we will certainly need help as we go live and adjust our webserver package. Juding by the incredible interest in the community right now, we're expecting quite a few visitors and a likely server upgrade early on in the site's existence. If you'd like to donate, please wait until we have the site up and running.

Finally, we all believe in having an open community. I have put this news on my personal website because I believe in making a personal connection with you, our potential userbase. This will not be another situation where you will be lead to false hope through a barrage of inaccurate data. Myself and the others involed in this project will be straight and up front with you.

As an additional note we are looking for someone with skills in Linux to help write tutorials to be posted on this site, as it will serve as a technical archive for our new endeavor (to save server load). Browse over the few I've got to get an idea of what we will need. If someone could writeup something about audio playing, editing, exact cd ripping and compressing, or anything else for Linux, I would be happy to add it here. You will, of course, be credited however you choose. We need all the help we can get in building a community where technical tutorials can help anyone make quality, verifiable seeds.

Thank You,
The RainDawg

thetradersden.org | ttd recommended free software/freeware webring
shntool tlh eac foobar2000 spek audacity cdwave vlc

Quote:
Originally posted by oxymoron
Here you are in a place of permanent madness, be careful!
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes