View Single Post
Old 2006-08-12, 12:46 PM
TTD Staff

Re: 3rd Trade/ Did I prepare, Is other trader messy?

jetrell...most of that looks standard. If the 1st person sending a brand new bubble mailer up correctly, it can make it to at least 4 or so peeps/trades before having to be put down. Economically, its a good thing for heavy traders and enviornmentally...well, u know.

As the paper sleeves weren't damaged or in horrible shape from the previous usage, dont sweat it...i've gotten discs in much worse packaging...once i got a stack of discs held together by a rubber band, w/ no paper between them or around them & shipped in a USPS box.
He probably sent the 'bonus disc', becuase he knew it was a little sloppy and figured u wouldnt care as much w/ the 'freebie'.

Lynne's right, when u set up a trade...after the disc selections are finalized, I send an email w/ this info:
You're sending me
Beatles 1/30/69 1 dvd
Blues Brothers 12/31/78 1 dvd
"His street address"
I'm sending u
Jimi Hendrix 1/9/69 1 dvd
Hendrix 2/24/69 1 dvd
"your address"
and the note "Standard Trading rules apply, cool?...I use Fuji Made discs, put individually into a single paper sleeve, w/ NO writing on the discs themselves (just use a slip of paper inside to label them, DO NOT put a sticky note/post it on them), mailed in bubble envelopes ONLY, and email sent the day discs are mailed out as well as received."
Save a copy in your sent email box at least until the trade is completed...it helps a lot w/ organization, checking on things that are coming, & if you're at all like me w/ short term memory....to remember a trade if they get behind or something.

Outside of the network of peeps u meet over time, i initally wouldnt trade w/ anyone who didnt have an online list w/ a way for people to make comments about that person (etree)....at least you have a better idea the person you're getting involved w/...Thanx to Lynne setting up this forum, it helps a lot at least getting an idea of peeps from this site, especially since a lot of the cats in Europe, Japan, & South America dont have online lists.

Good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Of course, I also haven't had a trade in several years now.
why trade when u get freebies

Last edited by retired; 2006-08-12 at 12:51 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes