View Single Post
Old 2007-09-16, 08:23 PM

Is there an alternative to playable data DVDs?

Hi,

i've recnetly downloaded two shows in DVD format. Both of them come with checksum files and artwork. I found some threads in this forum discussing how to make "playable data DVDs" that contain the main movie as well as the extra files contained in the EXTRA_TS folder.
So, i gave this method a try and burned one of this shows to a playable data DVD. I followed the instructions delivered by AAR.Oner in one of these threads and the disk was created successfully. However, my DVD player refused to play it and showed me a "CANNOT PLAY" message in its display. My player is a Sony DVP-NS575P.
I'm writing this to ask you if there is another method i can use to burn DVD disks which hold all the info i download in a torrent, not just the movie, and make it playable on my DVD player. I'm searching on the net to find info on this but, up to now, all i could find is that these kind of disks sometimes play on standalone DVD players and sometimes not, depending if the player is ready for them. I guess i'm not going to be able to play these kind of DVDs on my player, but hey...there's no harm in asking, right?

Peace and thanks,

Roblov.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes