View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 05:58 PM

Re: Speeds negligible with BT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistoto
Well iv never liked the idea of having the ethernet port built into the motherboard.

Im pretty sure the motherboard doesnt have a built in firewall, like 99% sure. Go into your BIOS JD and see if something if wierd there. If you have another ethernet card sitting around throw it in and try that.

The fact that your having a problem with ur system clock and ur ethernet that are from the same board doesnt sound like a good thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisistoto
nuther question: what kind of speeds do u get if u dl something from lets say the live music archive just doing a direct dl and not using a torrent client?
No, the ethernet port isn't built into the motherboard. You asked if it was connected directly, and it is connected directly. It's a Microsoft MN-150, connected in one of the slots. I don't have another one around or I would try exchanging them. I'll check the BIOS shortly, but I've spent enough time in there that I don't know of anything offhand that's whacky, and since I haven't found it yet, I'm not sure I can find it now. But I'll check it out.

I mentioned above, HTTP downloads are superspeedy. 400kB/sec.

Thanks!