View Single Post
Old 2006-01-07, 01:20 PM

Re: Speeds negligible with BT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Is your NAT check coming out OK? Or if you are on a torrent from here, etree, or DIME, is your port showing up as OK (not in red)? If you are OK there, then we can rule out a firewall problem.
I connected to a torrent on etree with many seeds, and while Azureus shows green ("everything is going ok"), the etree page shows me red, xxx:6881 So I'm guessing it's a firewall problem. Bear in mind that the XP firewall is disabled. Could there be another sort of firewall that I just don't know is there? Obviously the ports that BT uses are blocked somehow, while HTTP downloading is not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmyth79
I bet it has something to do with this, but I have no idea what it means. What does Azureus say about your NAT status?
I was using G3 Torrent, but just had a problem loading it, so I downloaded and switched to Azureus. I did the NAT/Server Port test for 6881 (should I test others?) and it said "OK!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
Ah, I didn't see the info about the NAT check. I would try it again later. I think that has something to do with where the test is being hosted and problems on their end.
I tried the NAT check again, and got exactly the same answer. Will try again later tonight.

Thanks again for trying to work this out! I feel like we're getting somewhere...

Last edited by JayDub; 2006-01-07 at 01:30 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes