View Single Post
Old 2006-03-11, 11:30 AM
TTD Staff

Re: upload help..my first one failed me..

Traders' Little Helper will made an md5 for you. You would tell it you want to make checksums/fingerprints and then put all the files from your VIDEO_TS folder into it and tell it to make traditional md5 checksums. You will end up with a file ending in .md5. You will put that file into your parent folder. And, when you go to upload the show, you will open the .md5 file with a text editor and you can copy/paste the contents into the box that asks for the fingerprints/checksums.

If you don't have TLH, here's something Nina wrote that is in the VBT Policy:

Quote:
Until we get something written in this FAQ, here is a short method written by feralicious:

Grab md5summer from www.md5summer.org

Just open it up, navigate to the folder of your DVD and click on "create sums"
Choose "select all" and then "add" and then "ok"
Wait a while for it to do its thing
When it's finished it will open up the "save" window, just make sure you save it with the .md5 extension and your good to go!

One thing I usually do when I remember is go in and edit it by right clicking on the md5 and selecting "edit" and take out the md5summer references because if you use a program other than md5summer to verify that text shows up as an error and I find that annoying.
To get the video bitrate and audio bitrate for your text files, here is a tutorial on how to do it using GSpot: http://www.audiophilia.net/gspot.shtml

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes