View Single Post
Old 2005-06-17, 08:33 PM
You are TOO

Re: Help with Port Forwarding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by donovana
I average any where from 3 and 4 kl per second up too maybe 50 k per second if I'm lucky, and it doesn't take long for the speeed to slow down.
Is that 50k (what) per sec? - Bytes or bits? Bytes is a capital "B" and bits is a lower case "b". If you're getting 50kB/sec, then that's about right (for upload). Your 3Mb connection refers to your download speed, not upload. You won't see anywhere near your 3Mb/sec download on very many torrents. I've gotten close to that, but it doesn't happen too often. Those speeds happen when there are A LOT of people on the same torrent and a lot of them have good individual speeds. Also, when "torrenting", your download as well as your upload speeds will vary depending on a few factors. I just re-read the thread where you were helped earlier and from your posts, it seemed like everything was ok as far as speeds. If you still need to forward the ports in your router, go to portforward.com and look up your router's model and you can get the info needed. You can also go to Linksys' web site for info about port forwarding. If you still need help, post back with the specific problem you're having. We want to help you get the most of your torrent experience
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes