View Single Post
Old 2005-06-17, 06:09 PM

Re: Help with Port Forwarding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritonman
Yeah, thats brutal undeath. I just looked at the torrent and there's 4 seeders and 17 leechers. If you're on dsl, you should definitely be getting better speeds than that.

I don't have abc, so hopefully someone with that client can help you. I use Bit Tornado and I had the same problem when I first started with BT. I opened the ports on my modem, but I was still firewalled. I didn't realize I had to open the ports on my BT client as well. As soon as I did that, I've been getting great speeds. I'm not sure if ABC works the same way, but you may want to check it out.
Hello you say you are getting great speeds since opening the ports in the bit tornado client. Where would I have to go in the client to open the ports? I am still attempting to open the ports on my llinksis modem, and not having much luck. I am on a 3 meg cable connection, have the fire wall disabled. I average any where from 3 and 4 kl per second up too maybe 50 k per second if I'm lucky, and it doesn't take long for the speeed to slow down. Very frustrating, just wondering.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes