View Single Post
Old 2007-01-16, 05:51 PM

Re: A good free DVD authoring program?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewofboots
Are you starting the DVD project by creating a Video "compilation" (or whatever MyDVD calls your project)? Use the DVD burning Wizard to start a video project. Read the manual or, the program probably has some kind of Help menu with an "online" manual of sorts.

Anyway once you get that done you should see a folder called VIDEO_TS (and probably also an AUDIO_TS folder, ignore it - it's just there to retain compliance with old-school DVD players) into which you toss all the contents of the VIDEO_TS folder (i.e. .vob files, etc.) you downloaded, then just burn it.

Remember a standard, single-layer DVD+ (or -) R holds a bit less than 4.4GB. So if you downloaded something larger , you'll need to either use DVDShrink to shrink it down (you'll need to read tutorials - that program's use isn't easily explained) to 4.4GB or use a dual-layer DVD. Does your burner support dual-layer?

-Slew
I'm reading the supported video file types in the help window and I don't see .VOB files anywhere in the list. So maybe it doesn't support those types of files? I'll explain what I do in the program, maybe that'll help...

I open up the program, get a choice of "new project", "direct to disc" (for capturing video from an external source/video camera>to computer), "edit disc", and "open project". I click on "new project", which gives me two options: "DVD-video" and "Video CD", so I click DVD-video which takes me to a screen where I can edit the menu, and the options on the left read "add files", "capture video", "get recorded tv shows" and "new slideshow". So I click add files, and I try to open one of the .VOB files in the VIDEO_TS folder and it won't let me, that window that I told you about pops up. I've also tried opening the whole VIDEO_TS folder which didn't work, and I've tried dragging and dropping VOB files into the screen and dragging the VIDEO_TS folder to the screen which doesn't work. And I'm pretty sure the data limit on the DVD isn't an issue because the program says that there's 4.7 gigs of memory on them and the VIDEO_TS folder I'm trying to burn is 4.12 gigs.
Hmmm...
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes