View Single Post
Old 2005-03-24, 12:01 PM
TTD VIP

Re: PS2 Burned DVD Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAR.oner
if you want, you can contact PS2 and have them update yer chips for free [you'll pay to ship it]...

mine quit playin certin games/all dvds--kept giving me disc read errors...so i checked online for a firmware update-nope-and then called em...they'll ask you a million questions, just tell em it quit playin certain games/discs--thats all [don't fall for the "have you dropped the console, etc..." shit] that way they have to fix it for free

all you have ta say is it quit playin certain games/disc and you get DRE's [most of the early consoles had a defect, but sony wanted to get em out on shelves, despite the defect--capitalist bastards!] they'll give ya a # and address, you send it in [got mine back about 3 weeks later]...that should do the trick re: burnt DVDs, as well as leaving you with an updated PS2 [still can't figure out why the assholes at sony won't release firmware updates...it'd be alot easier]

goodluck
aar.onerrrrrrrrrrrrrr
for the coast to ship a ps2 insured you could go buy the $34 dvd player at walmart that plays everything and not have to wait

here are some self fix tips
http://www.ultimateconsoleguides.com/playstation_2.htm

Last edited by willndmb; 2005-03-24 at 12:08 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes