View Single Post
Old 2013-08-03, 06:01 AM

Re: What's with Hungercity again?

First post here. Big fan of TTD but also a big fan of HC. Lots of stuff there you don't find anywhere else, including a ton of great Beatles A&V (banned elsewhere).

I have donated to HC in the past but refuse to stain myself ever again with PP so I have to do it through a third party who doesn't have any brains or self-respect and thinks PP is the salvation of all humanity. Didn't donate during this crisis yet because I can't reach Stain Man ATM but I plan to donate again ASAP. I wish BT operators could work with Google Wallet, Amazon Payments, BitCoin, etc. ... anything but PP! I'd mail cash if there was a way to get it to you.

I have had a number of dealings with ShaReeF and he has been the epitome of professionalism, courtesy, and cooperation. Rather than push for a donation in our PMs, he told me not to sweat it. Given those encounters, I find it very hard to believe that there's anything improper taking place. No argument from me that better communication from him would help the public perception, but as someone who used to be on call to put radio stations back on the air after transmitter failures (some catastrophic), I know what a PITA it is when people keep asking "are we almost there yet?". It will be done just as soon as it can be done and not a second sooner. I'm willing to cut him a lot of slack because he's done far more for the HC community than most of us have ever done for him and I am grateful to him and everyone else who runs a BT tracker (Lynne - thanks much for the great job (ZERO OUTAGES) you do with TTD!).

I have no inside info about WTF may be going on at HC but my sense is that he's doing what he can to make it work. There have been some changes in page availability over the past couple of days that lead me to belive something is afoot. If it never resurfaces for any reason we'll all be worse off, so I hope that's not the case. But I needed to put in a good word for ShaReeF as a good guy who's done good work in the past and wish him well in this bad situation.

Back to the shadows for me.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes