View Single Post
Old 2014-01-15, 05:58 AM
}{eywood, copyright fighter
TTD VIP

Location: too close to Niagara Falls to see what the big deal is
Re: Spotting Lossy Sources--links inside

AS mentioned in another thread, it is possible to fool all of you by using harmonic synthesis to restore the missing high end. I've tried this, showed it to one of my MQR labelmates who is skilled at reading spectrals, and he couldn't tell the difference. Neither could TLH (CDDA 100%). Add tape noise like the Zappateers do? Amateurs. Just restore the high end with harmonic synthesis and no one will be the wiser.

This is all hypothetical. I'd never do that and circulate it. Just making a point that there's no foolproof way to tell the difference.
To enforce copyright laws is to prevent people from making peaceful use of the information they possess. If one has acquired the information legitimately it is a violation of freedom of speech to prevent one from using it, reproducing it, trading it. Information is a universal, existing in other people's minds and other people's property, and over these the originator has no legitimate sovereignty. Copyright laws extort from the public a reward enormously in excess of the labor measure of an entertainers' services, making them, in essence, discriminatory against anyone paid a single time for a job. The only way there will ever be balance is when we are either all paid ad infinitum for work we did years ago, or when they are not. Until then I will fight for the freedom of information by challenging copyright law every chance I get. Join the Pirate Party and help make a difference.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes