View Single Post
Old 2006-09-12, 11:38 PM
saveferals

Re: Static IP Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
What I did it went to the DHCP settings and gave it a high range not used by any of my computers (they are all set up static) - 192.168.1.200 - 192.168.1.254 . Or, I could have entered every computer in that same tab to use a static IP. But, the way my D-Link is, if I enter a range, then if a computer that doesn't have a static IP set up tries to connect to the router, it will give it an IP in that DHCP range and not one outside of that range. (n the WAN tab, I have it set to PPPoE.)
So should I set up static ips first on my notebook and desktop and then configure the router or the other way around since I seem to be disconnectd to the internet (do I use ipconfig/all to configure my own numbers for these computers or is this where I contact my ISP???)

Also: Did a check: Results

Checking port 15845 on 68.13.179.161...

Error! Port 15845 does not appear to be open.

Please see www.portforward.com for more information about how to map a port.

Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP. After making sure of this, re-run this test by refreshing the page (F5).

Do I have to use utorrents Ip address in the router anywhere?
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes