View Single Post
Old 2007-07-14, 01:35 PM
Trader since 1980

Question Recommendations for ripping 16-bit and 24-bit to flac

I'd like to start uploading things here; I have azureus, so that'll handle the uploading/seeding stage.

If I've read things correctly, if I have a bundle of raw .flac files, Trader's Little Helper will generate all of the checksums and addtl technical txt files I need to go with the .flac files

I'm OK with using Notepad to type up a summary and lineage note (!)

Where I'm coming unstuck is determining what's best strategy to get the data ripped from CDs to my HD as .flac files; my discs to be ripped will be in two categories; standard CD, 16-bit, 44.1kHz, and 24-bit, 96kHz, both generated from an Alesis Masterlink. Some of my source tapes are off-air FM recorded to reel-to-reel tape, and I want to do the best for them. I get the impression EAC is in favour, but it seems to rip to WAV files, not FLAC - should I consider using EAC to create WAVs and convert the WAVs to FLAC?

I've googled a fair bit to see what's out there, but thought I would ask for recommendations as well. I tried Audacity, managing to record to audio projects without any problems, but for some reason it won't export my projects as .flac files, although the option to do so is on the menu .... mentioned this in a separate thread, though.

Regards, Graham
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes