View Single Post
Old 2008-02-29, 04:37 PM
On the Beach

Re: AARGH...firewalled

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladie glitter View Post
Hi everyone, I am back. Mr. T, thanks for your info, it really helped. But...I am still firewalled and very frustrated. I had to to into the Verizon Security Suite and add the port I want to open and I'm wondering if I did something incorrectly there. I clicked to add the port, selected TCP/UDP, for direction I left that at any direction (other choices were inbound or outbound) and then entered my port number. Below that, there is a button I can click on for other protocol and a box for protocol number. I left those blank. Is this something I should have filled out too?

I just got off the phone w/FIOS support and they are unable to help me. I believe what Lynn says above is correct, that my firewalls are in conflict with each other as I had this problem before. However, when I turn them off (one at a time, not both), it does nothing.

Can anyone point me in the right direction before I pull out the sledgehammer??
Mr T knows IT

you missed this step & didnt put any info in. - here is the correct info you need to add - the only thing I dont know is your port #
Quote:
Protocol = Select Add
(follow the wizard): give the service a name (any name will work).
Select: Add Server Ports
Protocol = TCP
Source Ports = ANY
Destination Ports = SINGLE (then add the port # of your torrent client)
Apply
Apply (again.. unless you wish to enter multiple ports)
Apply (third time) will exit the wizard & ports will be open
its not a conflict - vista 'opened the port' when you installed the program - its your router
follow Mr. T's instructions they are accurate & complete.

Last edited by direwolf-pgh; 2008-02-29 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes