View Single Post
Old 2007-06-22, 10:56 AM
TTD VIP

Talking Re: No Graphics/Text Scrolls added by author on show footage of DVD-videos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubular
If I see something I'm really interested in that you taped, I will download it, not complain, and live with the whistle, but...what if there were two AUD recordings of one show, and yours was the better tape, and someone cut out the whistling portions of your tape and patched with the inferior tape, then seeded to TTD or Dime? Please understand i'm only joking. But maybe I'm not.... Live and let live, right?
What if my aunt had nuts? Well then she'd be my uncle.... Maybe I'm joking....maybe not. But what if?

What if someone patched in three hundred buffalo farts, What if they patched in their kid brother on kazoo....... Personally, I don't care. You'd be a damned fool to think you have any contrtol once it's out there.

So what?

You have to live with that, not me, as I'll still have the master recorrding, right?

You can decide if you want the kazoo version or the buffalo fart version and download accordingly .... or not.

But you changed the topic slightly. We were talking about tapers/filmers marking or "defacing" (as you put it earlier) something they recorded. That's why I suggest that you make sure you personally record/film the shows you "have to have". Make your own masters and you will have only yourself to blame if you don't get the results to match your quality standards.

Case in point: I have yet to hear any alternate audience tape of any show I also taped that was better than mine. I learned how to do it myself and didn't sit and wait for someone else to do it. Nor did I sit and complain afterwards that they didn't give me what I wanted on demand.

SO ... What if the only person I gave a certain show to decided to convert it to mp3 before sharing...

What if I didn't give a good goddam anyway? Why I guess you'd be listening to that show as an mp3 or you'd still be waiting for that alt version to someday surface.....someday....someday.

What if that already happened?

Oh well, its out there and I can't do anything about it.....so why try.

Live and Let Live, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
You wall-eyed apple-knocking pig-fuckers! You don't know shit!