View Single Post
Old 2007-04-20, 01:35 AM
Cruddy Old Shirt collector :-)

Re: Acceptable VHS transfer?

Authoring DVDs is not that hard once you figure out the software, quite a few of the people I deal with use Tmpgenc DVD author with the Ac3 Audio plug in simply because its fast and pretty easy, its what I use.
I did try other much more expensive software that took ages but did more with the menus etc but in the end I opted for Tmpgenc.
But others will say their's is best or easier its down to who's advice do you trust I guess.
But more than software a decent PC is a must for DVD authoring a minimum of 1GB ram, a decent speed of hard drive, a video card with a lot of ram, mines is just a basic card but with 512meg DDR ram only cost £20 thats $40 it may not blister at gaming but for video work its fine.
Maintain the PC, I use Tracks Eraser Pro to keep the hard drive clear of junk files and defrag each hard drive one a week at least, this keeps the system running sweet.
Well thats just my advice if others disagree no problem but it works just fine for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmazingPudding
Thanks for your input guys(or girls?). Looks like I should just stay with the Osprey Card and learn how to author a DVD. Is this difficult? What kind of program should I get or maybe I already have it>
1. DVD Decrypter &
2. Cdvd
are the programs I have. They are both shareware.