View Single Post
Old 2008-01-14, 01:43 PM

Re: Should we ban thoughtless leechers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne View Post
Do you have DHT turned off in Azurues? By default, it is on, so if you have done nothing about it, then it will be on. This hurts you because if someone else has DHT on, then they may connect to you using DHT and then all the data exchanged between the two of you will not be seen by the tracker at all. DHT is a way of talking to other clients by bypassing the tracker.

Quoted from this thread (dated 2006, but I think it's still valid): http://archief.retecool.com/forum/th...14344_0_20_0_C

Disabling DHT in Azureus
>Tools >Options >Connection >under "Peer Sources - Select the default permitted sources for peer connections" only check "From a tracker"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed DB >uncheck "Enable the distributed database"
>Tools >Options >Plugins >Distributed Tracker >uncheck "Only track normal torrents when their tracker is unavailable"
>Tools >Options >Sharing >check "Private torrent - only accept torrents from the tracker (This should automatically grey out and disable "Allow decentralized tracker when tracker is unavailable")
>Save >restart Azureus
You should see a red dot and "Disabled" on the bottom of the main Azureus window.
See the note under "Update" on this page.
Thanks U2Lynne for your help. The truth is I don't know If I have disabled DHT. Probably not if you say it's the default setting.

I can't even do what you suggested since my azureus programme shows everything in German.

Don't worry. It's not that much of a problem for me, anyway. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes