View Single Post
Old 2006-11-26, 12:12 PM

Re: A proposal to try to improve torrents' performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
We understand that this is a problem. You probably don't realize (since you aren't firewalled), but if a user is firewalled, when they log on to the site, there is a FIREWALLED right under their username in the upper right corner (where it tells you your ratio). So, we did try to address this issue and make people aware of it. It is linked (as it is in this post) to our FAQ on being firewalled and it is in red just like here.

I don't know that a mass email/PM to them would make them any wiser. Some of the firewalled peers are firewalled beyond their control (at a university, at work, etc.), so they may just get pissed at getting a PM about it. Also, I've been on sites where I get mass PMs and I, personally, dislike them.
I see your point, Lynne. I know about the "firewalled" sign under a person's username. I can't support my suggestion further since i had no way of testing it. Since you have administrative experience on this subject i guess you might be correct about people getting pissed off when they receive these PMs. I just wanted to give a suggestion.

It's just that have an upload bandwidth of 14 kB/s and would like to seed as much as i can but, in a swarm as slow as this it does not seem to help a lot. There are people grabbing ten shows at a time! And some of them are DVDs! Well, i'll hang on...

Thanks for your time and patience.

On another note: is there any chance of seeing the other side of your avatar?

Thanks, seriously now.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes