View Single Post
Old 2007-04-10, 06:41 AM

Any IT Techie Genius types out there ?

Hi All ... please bare in mind , Im not too techy so bare with me. So here's my problem , I bought a Western Digital 250GB My Notebook Esssential External HD because I was running out of room on my Dimension 2350 60GB Desktop. This is supposed to be "plug 'n' play" so I connected via a USB port & the little bubble popped up saying "New Hardware Found" - all good so far. Next I was asked do I want to install the software manually or let Windows Find it , obviously the HD didn't come with software cos it's supposed to be plug n play , so I picked "Let Windows blah blah" ... after searching it says that my HD wasn't installed because no Driver could be found - so Im at a catch 22 situation ...

Just to double check I plugged the HD into my laptop in work (runs on Windows 2000) and it installed no problems !! ...

Is there somewhere to download missing drivers for XP from ? ... Microsoft and WD support have either been :

a) Useless
b) Just a mindfield of different pages , mostly leading back to the same "Support" page.
c) Haven't replied to my emails

Am I simplifying the problem , are bigger issues afoot ? ...

Any help would be much appreciated
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes