View Single Post
Old 2016-10-29, 03:08 PM

Re: Initial Seeding- zero bytes uploaded after 2 weeks

Thanks very much for everyone's responses.

Ok, my huge newb error here was that I scanned a few of the groovie technical posts on your site not realizing the context was for a private trading group. Ok, ok. I know. Stupid error. I heard of private trading groups but this is my first contact. What I am interested is in rare old movies and obscure books, so most probably nothing I would post would likely be of much general interest to your users. I'll look and see what is here, and will read your docs on how to do that.

To my original question I guess I was asking a question about how to do initial seeds for general torrenting - I guess that means procedures that do not rely on private trading sites. I can see several ways how it >>could<< work, but non of the peers uploaded any metadata so obviously I am doing it wrong. I have no opinions about private groups at all- I just don't know that any exist for the offbeat stuff I am interested in, so it seemed like wide dispersal via public torrenting would reach the widest audience for odd junk. The one I was trying to seed is so commercially uninteresting that all I see out there are vhsrips and or poor quality rips from dtv.

Can anyone suggest a site that is more appropriate for this sort of query? I seed alot of rare stuff that I have downloaded and have paid back in that way, but I would like to learn how to seed stuff I have that as far as I know is not currently available.

Thanks again for the responses.

Last edited by Bandersnatch; 2016-10-29 at 03:16 PM.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes