View Single Post
Old 2016-10-29, 12:07 AM

Initial Seeding- zero bytes uploaded after 2 weeks

Ok, I >must< have messed something up.

I have lots and lots of seeded torrents from stuff I have downloaded. I noticed I had something rare so tried to seed it like a good commoner. It is rare and not too much interest I am sure in it, but jeez after 2 weeks I would think there would have been something downloaded. I read up on new seeds, put it up following BitTorrent new seeding procedure and it seemed like a piece of cake. AFAIK and it seemed to be happy- I saw like up to 37 peers listed on my seed at one point, (it is now at 14, but I don't see a single byte downloaded.

Just trying to do my bit and figure this out. I also don't see it listed on common torrent indexing sites, which suggests to me I did something wrong.

I am using BitTorrent 7.9.9 Windows- the main file is 556 pieces, 1gb and it is set to Force Start, Initial seeding. I put a kitchen sink of trackers in there but nothing. I am on a fairly slow connection- with 7 seeds active right now, they are only getting like 10kB/s right now. Any help appreciated. Please let me know what details I should provide, or a best instruction guide with self checks I can do to see if I am doing something wrong. I am a pretty technical guy, know my way around compilers and such, but I don't get what I did wrong, or even how to debug what is not happening that should be happening. I see no error messages, nothing. It just looks happy but no uploads.

Maybe it is just rare for a reason.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes