View Single Post
Old 2006-05-22, 09:27 PM

Re: Too many seeders dilutes share ratio?

Quote:
I find that to be a huge problem for myself at Oink.

Also, we don't judge you for your share ratio here at TTD!
Yea, its really annoying at OiNK. One of the reasons I have an account there but I dont download much.

Its great that ratio isnt a problem here. People wont have to think "can I seed this back?" after they download something, they just download it. And 95% of the time they will seed atleast 1.0 anyway. No ratio rules greatly helps.

But dude, congrats on the 6TB of seeding thing. Thats amazing!

But people, even though there arnt any requirements, be sure to atleast try to seed back to 1.0!

Quote:
How do you get an invitation to join Oink??
You'll need to know someone from it that has more then 10GB uploaded so they get invites. Or I think they have an IRC channel to ask for invites.

In my opinion, the no ratio requirement rule is great because people wont be scared to download because their ratio might go down. But this only works if people accually try to keep a 1.0 ratio.

The rule should be to help people with torrents they cant seed back much on (maybe there are 100 seeders and no leechers), but it shouldent help the people who just dont care about ratio and just download.

In my opinion, after a month of being a member you should have a 0.5 ratio requirement. Anything below that and you can only downlaod 1 torrent a week. If you make the requirement 1.0, this site will be kinda like OiNK's Pink Palace. Not everyone can have a ratio of over 1.0. Its just not practical. But it should be what everyone aims for, and if they are a little less its ok.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes