View Single Post
Old 2020-11-22, 10:37 AM
Sleeping Colorless Green Ideas
TTD VIP

4K audience videos

According to the High Definition Video BitTorrent Seeding Policy:

To maintain the highest quality and purity for the trading pool, we have compiled a list of rules for making good seeds.

2. Permitted file formats.

High Definition Transport Stream (.ts) and Matroska container (.mkv) is preferred format for straight digital captures of HD TV broadcasts.

High definition audience video has to be in form of authored and ready to burn Blu-ray (BR) video only.

------------------------------------------------------

I film shows in 4K. I also record separate audio.

Since the Sony ZS100 (with a simple hack) can record an entire show in 4K as one single file, I like to losslessly mux the original 4K video with the separate audio (typically in 24 bit) and output this as an mkv file. This results in a very large file (50GBs isn't unusual). But it is the raw video and audio muxed together - and as far as quality - it can't be beat. I play these on my 4K tv and they look stunning.

I would like to upload some of these here at TTD. They clearly "maintain the highest quality and purity for the trading pool," but they do not conform with the rule that "High definition audience video has to be in form of authored and ready to burn Blu-ray (BR) video only."

Might there be any consideration given to the idea of allowing these 4K audience videos as mkv files on TTD?

Here's an example of what one of these 4K video files looks like (obviously, Youtube compresses the video, but you can still get an good idea of the quality). Be sure to set the quality level to 2160p to see the 4K version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWNGAZ-zUUo
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes