View Single Post
Old 2005-02-23, 09:36 AM

Re: Recognizing Peers/Seeds; No UL/DL, though? Perhaps PC help needed?

Ok, it's OFFICIAL - God does not want me to use BitTorrent anymore. My momma was right.

As of yesterday, the cable co. rewired the entire set of outside lines for my apartment complex (they said it looked pretty bad). So, I hook up my freshly-formatted laptop directly to my new cable modem, which is plugged into these new wires. Everything works fine.

BitTorrent doesn't.

I mean, what the hell? The cable guy's advice was "Try DSL". What the hell? How can something that was working PERFECTLY from August through January just crap out one day, while EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS?

The real killer is when I go up to school, sit on the wireless network, and get 20k/s speeds on any given torrent. It's definitely something to do with my connection at home, but now it seems as if the cable co is giving up (since everything ELSE works, and not a damn person in their tech department knows what BitTorrent even is) and I'm screwed b/c I need to buy a phone line JUST FOR DSL if I decide to do that (living off of my cell phone)...

So, that's about it. God said, "Thou shalt not BitTorrent", and that was that. I'm so depressed.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes