View Single Post
Old 2007-01-02, 11:43 AM
Columbia, SC

Re: ? About Putting DVDs on iPod

I just purchased AVS Video Tools. I have converted 2 DVDs to play on my iPod (the newest iPod video). One DVD was something I downloaded from the net. The other was a commercially available DVD that I own. Both times I used one of the tools in the suite called “AVS DVD to Go” and the conversion could not have been simpler.

One small possible issue that I have emailed them about. When I imported the converted MPEG4 Video files into iTunes they will not play right off (it plays audio only – no video). If I select one of the video files in iTunes and select “Convert Selection for iPod” from the Advanced Menu, iTunes converts it and it plays perfectly. The file format is again showing as MPEG4 Video and appears identical to the original file that I imported except the second plays and the first does not.

At this point I don’t know if this normal or if I have a slight issue. I have emailed their technical support and I’ll let you know.

You can download a fully functional demo from the link above in this thread. It puts a message right across the center of the screen but everything else is the same. I’d be interested to know if anyone else who uses this (or tries it) has to do the second conversion from within iTunes or if it just works straight away.

I haven’t even messed with anything else in the suite, though it does appear that this program will convert just about anything to anything video-wise (even for a phone if you want that for some reason).

Thanks direwolf-pgh for the info.

Rob
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes