View Single Post
Old 2005-02-15, 10:22 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Timeout error, all the time

And you just let the client sit and try to connect for several minutes even though you get the connection error?

From filesoup's FAQ:

BitTorrent Error Messages: What is “error 10060 Connection timed out”, and how do I fix it?
This means that you sent a request to a peer or tracker, and there was no response. Again this error generally sorts itself out given time, and can be caused by a busy tracker. If the problem is persisting double-check to make sure your torrent is seeded and the tracker is working.

or from Brian's BT FAQ:

Problem connecting to tracker - timeout exceeded
Problem connecting to tracker - HTTP Error 503: Connect failed
Problem connecting to tracker - [Errno socket error] (10061, "Connection refused")
Problem connecting to tracker - (111, 'Connection refused')
There was a problem contacting the tracker. Trackers tend to be heavily loaded, and connections sometimes fail. The best thing to do is just be patient and leave the client open. If you find you're getting this a lot, you can try increasing the HTTP request timeout by adding the parameter "--http_timeout 120" (the default is 60, unit is seconds.) See the FAQ section (Xref) How do I change the command line parameters in Windows? if you need help doing this.

I'm not sure which of those errors fits what you are seeing.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes