Thread: MMM Records
View Single Post
Old 2005-08-21, 08:20 PM
TTD VIP

Re: MMM Records

YOW....it's getting deep in here .....gotta get on the ol' galoshes to wade through this stuff .....

But since this does reference using common sense to understand the bootleg mentality AND to discern sound quality on said bootlegs, I hope it's alright to post this here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guygee
Agreed, I have never seen a bootleg with lineage, and I wouldn't trust the lineage if it was there ........
Aren't you the same guygee who posted this on dime:
"I never believe booters UNLESS I know the label to be very reliable"

Well, guygee, I guess you would say something like that since all your listed torrents at dime are from boots.....or possibly a tape source which is the same as a boot...but maybe it's pre-boot (or maybe not)

QUOTE--- "Now in this case there is a boot, "Sing in Singen" that is "reportedly" a SBD ...... but this is NOT sourced from that boot, as the timings for "Sing in Singen" are different than mine" ---ENDQUOTE

Since you "bought" that Miles Davis show, what leads you to believe that you didn't purchase nothing more than a tape copy of a bootleg? What makes you so positive that you "bought" a pre-bootleg cassette??? (Maybe a boot seller 'told' you so?...)

What sort of comparisons did you perform on both the tape/bootleg to be 100% certain that your copy is indeed a a 'pre-bootleg' copy and not just another higher gen copy recorded directly off the bootleg???

Quote:
I've never been big into bootlegs..........
For someone not "big" into bootlegs, haven't your only seeds at dime been from bootlegs?

quack quack guy

Quote:
freezer's sudden sympathy with "poor unsuspecting booters" is touching
No, it's sarcasm. A little deductive reasoning would have give you the clue you needed. I guess I shouldn't have left off the lol icon.

Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes