Thread: MMM Records
View Single Post
Old 2005-08-21, 03:53 AM
Non Serviam

Re: MMM Records

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Lynne
...We have to deal with reality now, and internet and bittorrent are what is real right now. So, these bootleggers exist.... bt exists..... ebay exists..... tapers exist..... traders exist..... it's all about trying to figure out how to deal with all these real things right now. I don't think there is a right answer. And if there were a right answer, it would require everyone agreeing and doing the same thing. I think we know that isn't going to happen. So, most sites try their best to deal with the reality in the best way possible. Right now, our way is to try to liberate bootlegged shows and get them out to people so people don't need to buy them. And, we also want to give tapers a way to get shows out to the masses so bootleggers lose. I think, at the moment, perhaps neither side is really winning. So, we keep trying.
U2Lynne - I have to add that I agree completely with the ideas you expressed above. Freezer claims it is a level playing field with respect to shows he released long ago, but I respectfully have to disagree - I think it could be all downhill from here if we are not vigilant. This show we are discussing now could be some kind of "new threat", it may be some advanced kind of lossy compression or some kind of screwed-up NR that is just as bad as an mp3, or maybe it is something as simple as a ham-handed bandstop filter, perhaps even used to "mark" this version of the show.

I looked at the sg and fa and passed it on to others, calling it "bizarre", Five says it is "freakin' weird", and others whom I have shown it to used almost the exact same description. So I think it would be great if we can pull together all the expertise we can muster, get if figured out, and get the word out. If you would rather I not start up such discussions in the future, I will honor your request (with regrets). If we cannot stay on the simple topic at hand, "what happened to this show", then all the off-topic clutter and flaming renders such discussions useless anyways.
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes