View Single Post
Old 2018-05-24, 12:31 AM
Recording/Mastering Engineer

Re: Trader's Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlJamAmerica.com View Post
I need some help. I am unsure exactly how to fix SBEs. I am going through some of my 2005 Pearl Jam FLAC shows released by Nugs a couple years back and they are riddled with SBEs.

What settings should I be using? Here is an example of the SBE output for one of the shows.
If you use the "fix" feature in the dropdown box in TLH when you're converting your files, it will append (add) the data outside of the sector boundary to the beginning of the next track. We're talking fractions of 1/75th of a second here, so the resulting files shouldn't sound too different. Being a live show with applause between tracks, fix should keep a gapless fileset ready for CD burning. If you use "pad" it will add null samples (silence) to round up to the next sector boundary CD frame 1/75th of a second, which will make little hesitations in the files of a live show. No good!

Does that help?