View Single Post
Old 2008-08-10, 05:08 AM
TTD Staff

Re: Error when encoding wav. to flac. with Traders' Little Helper

Quote:
Originally Posted by migrantwing View Post
I have just received some new material (wav. format) and set about encoding to flac. with Traders' Little Helper so I could put them up on TTD at some point over the weekend. Everything was going well until I noticed a few of the files come up with the error 'Truncated files or otherwise corrupt'

Anyone know what is the cause and how to go about sorting this annoying little problem out?

Many thanks in advance
TLH uses shntool.exe for checking and flac.exe for encoding wav to flac format. Both are extremeley reliable programs, so the files are corrupt. File corruption can take place always and everywhere ;-) ... most of the time it happens when burning/ripping files to/from silver or when the disc oldens or is being "mistreated".

I'm afraid there's nothing you can do to fix it (in terms of getting back the original clean wav data) but get a fresh copy (assuming the original data is not corrupt). If there's no clean copy around you can try to fix it yourself if possible (see Five's post above). Sometimes shntool/TLH provides a bit more of information of what's wrong with a file. Try Analysis > Show audio file details in info mode (warning: lots of data for each file, so try it with only one file first to see whether there is some information that might help).

Robert
Reply With Quote Reply with Nested Quotes